Business analysis and specification language
BASL (Business analysis and specification language) has been developed as a proprietary product to provide a mathematical model for business decision processes and specification. It:
- helps Business management understand a decision making process;
- measures the logic contradictions and omissions in an IT system specification; and
- highlights opportunities for Business change in a series of small low risk steps.
Business decision modeling is used:
- to document a business decision making process in a business language independently of any other information that may detract from developing a real understanding of the business;
- to gain experience of a defined decision making process by enacting scenarios of decisions within the process and understanding the consequences of that process;
- to divide any defined business change into a series of small changes, each of which can be implemented as a low risk small business step; and
- to estimate, measure and control the expenditure and progress of the development of any supporting system, typically a computer based system, in these business terms.
BASL is a tool to define, confirm, communicate and implement change to a business under firm control by senior business management and without surprises. It has been used successfully in large and small Enterprises. The Company provides a complete range of services to enable an Enterprise use the tool successfully.
Basil Barnett will be pleased to provide a presentation of the benefits that such a tool can bring. In addition, he will be pleased to provide, free of charge, a one-day review of opportunities, ending with a presentation based on the information shared during the early part of the day.